What fun! I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Pippin Run Wild. Thank you, Joanna, for the nomination. It makes me feel very special indeed!
These are the rules for accepting a Liebster Award:
- The award is given by bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set you.
- Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award to, and link them in your post.
- Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
- No tag backs (i.e. you can’t nominate your tagger).
Now, the fun part—answering Joanna’s questions!
If you could pick an animal totem, what would it be? Well, I didn’t know very much about animal totems so the researcher in me did some Googling and found this quiz . Come to find out, I am predominately a WOLF! According to the test W,olf’s utmost priority is leadership and kindness. The Wolf makes friends easily and steadily, learns quickly, and cares about others, hurting as much as they do when they’re having a hard time.
What’s your favourite book? “Good Omens” by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
Do you prefer coffee or tea? Coffee (unless it’s jasmine pearl tea)
What’s your favourite quote or saying? “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
If you could go back in time, when and where would you go? Probably the 60s. I love the bouffant hair, dramatic eye makeup, and frosty nude lips. And with regards to fashion, what’s not to love about a decade where you could wear either a mini skirt and go-go boots (Twiggy) or gloves and a pillbox hat (Jackie Kennedy)? Also, that’s when people still dressed up to travel…
What new skill do you most want to learn? I’m going to change the question to “skills” (plural): Sewing, woodwork and speaking fluent Spanish. (I didn’t take woodwork in school because I was a bit leery of the stoners in the class and also that I might lose a finger.)
Who’s your favourite fictional character? Ramona the Pest
Favourite family meal/recipe? I love cooking a traditional Sunday roast with Yorkshire Pudding. Living in Arizona, USA, this is not a usual family meal so when we have company over for Sunday roast they love it!
What country would you most like to travel to? The countryside of Italy or France… the cheese, wine, bread, pasta… heaven!
What type of scenery/landscape (i.e. mountains, coastal, cities, etc.) do you feel most at home in? I guess desert landscape since I live in Arizona and grew up near Palm Springs. Cactus and palm trees seem to always be part of my backdrop.
Who or what inspires you most often? My home (Mr and I have a fantastic home and yard that offers many opportunities for DIY projects, gardening, entertaining, great meals, etc.). Also, I really am in awe and inspired by the creativity of fellow bloggers.
Here are eleven random facts about me:
- I am an American born in France. I joke that gives me permission to be rude to myself (my apologies to any Francophiles).
- I am an only child and so I never had siblings to play with 😦 This might explain my newly acquired habit of trying to force board games on our house guests.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- I love the color orange.
- I’m not sure what sort of B-movies I saw as a child but I have a fear of getting trapped in quicksand.
- I love mustard – I have about 8 different kinds in the fridge right now.
- I won a Blue Ribbon at the State Fair (scones category).
- I once caught a 69 pound yellow fin tuna while deep sea fishing off the coast of Mexico.
- I love picnics.
- I played Prince Charming in my school’s 3rd grade production of Cinderella.
- I wish I owned a giraffe or a fainting goat.
Now for the best part, below are the 11 amazing blogs I’ve nominated. Thanks to all of you for sharing your wonderful posts!
And to the 11 bloggers, here are my 11 questions:
- Honey bees, Honey Boo Boo or Honey Badger?
- Would you rather have the ability to be invisible or fly?
- Which reality show would you most want to be on: Top Chef, The Bachelor/Bachelorette or Survivor?
- Your favorite Romantic Comedy?
- For dessert: sweet & chocolatey or tangy & lemony?
- Morning person or night owl?
- Favorite cheese?
- Dogs or Cats?
- London, Paris, Tokyo or New York?
- Fashion item or style you would most like to see come back?
- Elvis Presley or Elvis Costello?
Thanks again to Pippin Run Wild for my Liebster Award!